Lighting the Journey Ahead
Your word is a lamp before my feet and a light for my journey.
Psalm 119:105 (Common English Bible)
Do you ever wonder about the path you’re on?
Do you know where it’s headed?
If this is your best route to take, why are there so many curves and detours?
When you’re on foot in pitch black darkness, how can you keep from getting lost?
And… when you’re old, will you look back on this journey with satisfaction or regret?
You are not alone.
Thankfully, God’s Word lights the journey ahead. Scripture illuminates the path we’re on with steadfast truth. Thus, I write from a biblical worldview to help friends like you on your journey. I want the light of God’s wisdom to shine through the words I share. Whether it’s an article, blog post, book, devotion, drama sketch, guest sermon, or movie script, I strive to honor the Lord with excellence.
I also love analogies more than ice cream!
A parable is a comparison. Jesus often said, “The kingdom of heaven is like…” Inspired by Jesus’ popular teaching method, I make frequent comparisons in my writing and speaking to enhance understanding.
After 3 years of seminary and 17 years as a pastor, I followed God’s call to write a book for high school graduates. Choose: Fulfill Your Created Purpose shares the wisdom and advice I wish I’d had when I was transitioning into adulthood.
In fact, middle-aged and senior citizen readers tell me this book is helpful in their seasons of life!
I live in East Tennessee with my wife, Mary Ethel, and our daughter, Molly Kate.
Some other facts about me:
- Mary Ethel and I became engaged on our fourth date, two and a half months after we met. May 2017 marked our 26th wedding anniversary.
- I predicted our baby would be a girl and arrive on her due date at 2 p.m. Labor pains set in on the due date; Molly Kate was born at 3:37 p.m.
- At age 6, I received Green Bay Packers pajamas for Christmas. Coincidentally, today I own a foam Cheesehead, a Vince Lombardi lunchbox, and one share of stock in the team.
- In 1989, John Cougar Mellencamp’s grandmother wrote me a letter thanking my friend and me for stopping by while on a visit to Indiana.
- The chief reason why 19 is my favorite number is that at age 19, I renewed my faith and chose to follow Jesus.
Interested in connecting? Contact Me