Lighting the Journey Ahead
Your word is a lamp before my feet and a light for my journey.
Psalm 119:105 (Common English Bible)
Do you ever wonder about the path you’re on?
As a creative, all my life.
God hardwired our brains for stories. Why do you think Jesus told so many parables?
Today I write movie scripts that will honor God and entertain a general audience.
Rather than curse the darkness produced by Hollywood, I decided to light a candle. Instead of complaining about the problem, my goal is to be part of the solution.
Whether a piece of fiction or nonfiction targets a general audience or a church audience, I strive to honor the Lord with excellence.
Wherever your path leads, God’s Word will light the journey ahead.
I also love analogies more than ice cream!
A parable is a comparison. “God’s kingdom is like…” Thus, I make frequent comparisons in my writing and speaking to enhance understanding.
After 3 years of seminary and 17 years as a pastor, I followed God’s call to write a book for high school graduates. Choose: Fulfill Your Created Purpose shares the advice I wish I’d had during my transition to adulthood.
In fact, middle-aged and senior citizen readers tell me this book is helpful in their seasons of life!
I live in East Tennessee with my wife, Mary Ethel, and our daughter, Molly Kate.
Some other facts about me:
- Mary Ethel and I became engaged on our fourth date, two and a half months after we met. May 2018 marks our 27th wedding anniversary.
- I predicted our baby would be a girl and arrive on her due date at 2 p.m. Labor pains set in on the due date; Molly Kate was born at 3:37 p.m.
- At age 6, I received Green Bay Packers pajamas for Christmas. Coincidentally, today I own a foam Cheesehead, a Vince Lombardi lunchbox, and one share of stock in the team.
- In 1989, John Cougar Mellencamp’s grandmother wrote me a letter thanking my friend and me for stopping by while on a visit to Indiana.
- The chief reason why 19 is my favorite number is that at age 19, I renewed my faith and chose to follow Jesus.
Interested in connecting? Contact Me